2x 6600GT (SLI) or 1x 6800GT (Normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3phyr04

In Runtime
Hi there, before I order my new PC which would be better?

Getting an SLI PC with 2x 128MB 6600GTs in it or a normal AGP model with 1x 6800GT in it? I am interested in the performance not whether SLI will be better in the future just now.

Thanks in advance.

I would say single 6800GT, if you can afford it, cos then you can get another 6800GT when they are much cheaper? Of course by then it could be better off getting a whole new card :S

Anyway, I have a sli board and one 6600GT and I am getting the impession that by the time I would need another 6600GT it may not be worth it, but I do not know.

id say buy the SLI board and get 1 6800GT.. the cost would be roughly the same.. so then later u can get a 2nd 6800

Get the single 6800GT since 6600GT's SLI'ED doesnt outpeform the 6800GT in alot of games.

As stated in my first post the 6800 GT isn't SLI, its just AGP.

I can only afford either the AGP 6800GT or the SLI 2x 6600GTs.:(

yes. i also say single. like they said, later when it is cheaper you can buy another and nearly double your video proformance.

definatley go for the 6800gt. You may want to consider getting the sli board anyway, as it isn't much of a price to pay for a nice big upgrade in the future.

btw your sig is huge z3phyr04, get rid of the spaces, before a mod sees it, and suspends your signiture privilidges.

Lines: The maximum number of lines is 15 using text size=1. The maxium is 8 lines or less using a bigger font and text size, and with a graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom