Building new computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the onboard sound with the mobo i get.. is it good or should i get the sound card i showed you in my first post..

onboard sound depends on the manufactor (SP?) But an after market sound card is usually the better option. THe sound card you listed is pefect.

For ram you would want to get dual channel it runs faster with a AMD 64 (cant find the right words to explain it, extremly tired at the moment)

This is the ram i got and its 60 bux cheaper now,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-231-012&depa=1

Guess thats what i get for being in a hurry but oh well, works great and from what i hear G skill is sum awsome overclocking ram.

Dual channel is a big deal. Your motherboard supports dual channel so all you need is two sticks of ram one in each channel to have dual channel. The ram I suggested will do that of course.

The sound card is great, much better than onboard. Onboard will sound like crap on good speakers like the ones you are getting. Get the sound card.

Yes, Dual Channel IS IMPORTANT. If you go with single channel ram you will CRIPPLE YOUR RIG. Dual Channel is a MUST, unless you don't care much for performance.

Well, gee, what does that say for us people running older rigs that have never heard of dual-channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom