Graphics card installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssd1hadey

Beta member
I'm having problems getting my graphics card to work... I've installed the drivers, disabled the integrated graphics. and restarted the computer plugging my monitor into the graphics card. When the screen comes up the left half of my screen is fully black, and the right half of the screen is red. I'm still ablet o plug my monitor back into the integrated graphics and it works. I'm unsure but I may be installing the drivers wrong? Or maybe doing the whole installation process wrong? Here is the steps i used to install it ( because it's and old graphics card and i've lost the install CD )

1) Added the Graphics Card hardware ( GeForce 2 MX 400 )
2) Started computer, had it detect my hardware and install
3) Installed the Nvidia Drivers from the website
4) reboot after it prompts me to, plugged my monitor into the new card
5) Screen comes up black and red

Looking for any input at all, please anything would be appreciated. I'm unable to play any of my games ;(

Is it in the input closest to the motherboard? (4000 has 2)

Check bios settings, make sure you have it set to init off of agp.

I switched the graphics card to the slot closest to the motherboard like you said.. When i check under the device manager: display adapters there are two now, the Intel integrated and my GeForce 2 MX 400.. What next ?

How do I check the bios settings I'm a computer hardware/software "newb" as some people would call it. Thanks for your help so far, any more input would be appreciated.

- Dave

try check your bios settings
u have to makesure that u disable the on board graphic and enable agp ~~~

Can you please explain to me how to check my bios settings and enable AGP ? *update* I found the bios settings in the boot screen and it was set to AGP. I then let the computer boot up ( the monitor still plugged into the integrated even with it disabled ) shut down the computer and switched the monitor to the graphics card and it still comes up with half a black screen and half red. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks

- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom