Off to a rough start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Well according to them building a computer is a 19 phase process. :p

http://www.alienware.com/build_vs_buy_pages/index.aspx

It just makes it seem like you're getting more out of it if they divide it up into phases. Probably something like...

Phase 276 - secure motherboard screw #1
Phase 277 - secure motherboard screw #2

:p

yea

their "researching" isnt correct because you also have to "research" the parts you need if you're buying an alienware as well

also, benchmarking yourself is necessary for any computer

buying a computer from alienware:

order (1 day)
process/19 steps (2-3 weeks?)
shipping (a week)

buying individual parts:

order (1 day)
process/shipping (2-4 days)
building (1 day)
troubleshooting if any (0-1 day)

Meh I'd so much rather save the couple hundred you spend just on their name alone and buy the parts for myself and build it.

I built my own and told my friends that it was the best alienware they had and the best part was they believed me since they no nothing about computers and my parents even went along with it!

Alienware has 14 phases in their building of your computer. The first 3 phase involve receiving the order and charging your credit card. Other phases include component burn-in's, benchmarking, quality assurance check-over, etc.
One thing is for sure though, they do a great job wiring. There are no wires whatsoever running through the middle of the case, they stow them all very neatly away.

dale5605 said:
One thing is for sure though, they do a great job wiring. There are no wires whatsoever running through the middle of the case, they stow them all very neatly away.

Any custom computer shop should do this. It doesn't take much brain power to figure out how to make something look pretty. All the systems i build are immaculate.

Re: .

Shirtbird said:
BTW what did you get?

I got this. I ended up changing to TWO Ultra's, but had second thoughts and went back to my original configuration...........see below. :)

AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express
1GB Corsair™ XMS Extra Low Latency DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
ONE-NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra PCI Express 256MB DDR3 w/Dual Digital and TV Out/Second card to be purchased later on.
AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling System
160GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Lite-On® 16x DVD-ROM Drive with Software DVD Decoder
Lite-On 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround Firewire

senseless said:
it's made by asus

LOL, I really don't have any experience with ASUS, or much else for that matter, but I'm pretty sure that the A8N-SLI is the board I'm getting. I'm not schooled on alot of this stuff. I just wanted a great gaming rig...............so, hopefully I'll get that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom