Athlon xp 2500+ cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
erkane said up to 20c, but i dont see it going under 45 inless ur using water cooling.

and its fine to use paintthinner on the processor. do it all the time on mine and on customers processor. best way to get the paste crap off.

bandageboy - your using a chip from like 2 generations ago ^_^

new amd chips heat up like hell, not hte nex gen 64 chips tho, im talkin xp and bartons.

u dont have to take my advice but from my experience, ive gone through 3 fans in total and ive never seen it under 45.
each fan was more expensive then the other.
im using the vantec tmd (tip magnetic driving) fan right now.

when i switch from pad to paste i got a 20C descrese in CPU temperature. this is from reading my BIOS and the pad came with the stock HSF with the CPU. so when i said "up to" i meant anywhere in between.

spfd paint thinner?, that sounds dangerous. my xp2500 BARTON runs 35C idle and 38C playing my games with stock HSF, no water cooling. the game i play is yuri's revenge which is not a 3D game.

it draws most of it's power from the speed of the CPU so the game is very CPU intensive. the guys at my local pc shop told me 35C is normal for this CPU. and also customer reviews at newegg.com are claiming 35C also.

geeeeeeze! paint thinner works! its only dangerous if u sniff it like the abrigional people up in canada ;)

ive used paint thinner lots of times, it gets the compound off! no problems either.

lol also, how the hell did this Bandage Boy get his AMD Athlon xp 1800+ to friggen 2.2ghz, man if you can get a 1800 up there i cant imagine what you can get a 2500!!!! :S
^^

i made the external clock freqency and gave it a multiplier of 13...i think...yup, 2197mhz. it ran pretty well. and stayed under 50 C until i played some games then it got up to around 54. btw, i have apacer pc2700 ram

lol can you talk me through it??? Do you have msn??
yeah because mine is o/c at 2.09 and it's stable but it runs at 62 degrees lol but that's just my cooling stuff, im fixing that up soon.....
Ill try what you said and ill see how i go,
thanks,

Also If i was to buy some more cooling for my amd e.g. T hermal paste, would that mean id be able to o/c my computer more??? because the heat transfer is WAY less?

you want the heat transfer to be more. you want as much heat as possible to go out into the heatsink. that's the whole reason behind thermal paste. and yes, i do have msn. bandage_boy@msn.com

yeh ok cool, lol today i bought some Thermal paste stuff, im going to put it on in about 30mins, will this increase the performance of the computer? and also will i be able to o/c it more (currently i cant o/c it over 2.09ghz or it stuffs up).
thanks,

tell us how it goes. btw, 2.2ghz is 200 external clock speed at 11x multiper. and i have my window open and fan on. it's about 50 degrees outside, so my room is much cooler now. and my cpu heat is like 30 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom