Best Budget Card!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bsnyder100 said:
Could someone explain one thing about videocards.......
The question I have is why when you buy a video card from lets say Newegg and instead of saying just nvida GeForce 6800 it says Leadtek nvida GeForce 6800. I dont get how someonelse can make someonelse's card? Thanks for clairifying!

ati and nvidia make the technology and licenses it out to other companies such as leadtek, msi, bfg

i'm pretty sure i'm right

At today's prices, 300.00 CAD = 246.873 USD, which would buy this eVGA 6800 at NewEgg. Too bad they don't ship to Canada. Doesn't Canada have anything like them? According to this article at Tom's Hardware the vanilla 6800 still beats out the 6600 GT in most benchmarks. You just have to decide if it's worth the extra $40-50.

ATI and Nvidia make the actual GPUs. The other makers put that GPU on a board thus making the entire card.

Both Nvidia and ATI will also usually make a demonstration version of a video card with their new GPUs, which is what's called a "reference" card. A lot of times, the production graphics cards that the manufacturer's (Leadtek, eVGA, etc) release are exactly the same or only vary a little bit from the reference version.

ATI and nvidia make the gpu chips and sell them to other companies i.e. eVGA bfg leadtek, msi, abit and these companies actually put together the card.

some brands are better than others. For example, eVGA is the best nvidia manufacturer, and ATi's best one is Sapphire (i think).

Can't go wrong with waiting. It's usually best to buy a new card just after a new line of cards comes out. Because then usually all the older cards drop in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom