• Windows XP Pro 64 bit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
What do you think of the Sempron? I think it rocks! I just bought one and it's doing a great job, both for workstation and gamestation. And, also for overclocking. I have a 2600+ (1.83GHz) and I could overclock it to a 2800+ (2.00GHz) just by incresing the FBS (without incresing the VCORE).

I think the Sempron is great! :D

Semprons suck really

You can get a mobile and overclock it WAAY further than a sempron and get it up to beating a 3.8GHZ Intel

Or you can get any normal chip

I am glad your happy with your sempron, but even if I downclock my chip to the same 2800+ speed as yours, you still dont hold a light to me.

I know that if you unclock yours it will be better than mine because they only have 256 kb of cache but, they are almost the same as the Celeron. It does the job for a average user and it is cheap.

BTW: For those who don't know what is a Sempron... just go here

It's a much better (and cheaper) alternative to a Celeron, true, but it's still not as good as a "regular" Pentium or Athlon processor, mobile or desktop.

I would never get a Sempron, although I would get one before I would get a Celeron. I am not much for low-end budget processors. If you don't game though, it would be alright.

beedubaya said:
I would never get a Sempron, although I would get one before I would get a Celeron. I am not much for low-end budget processors. If you don't game though, it would be alright.

I still like the 3.6ghz sempron some guy had, even though a slightly OC'ed FX-55 kills it

I think semprons are great for just general use, as they are so cheap. Who needs a fx55 for surfing the internet :p

That's an excellent point Trifid. Most consumers, I'm willing to bet at least 50 percent, really don't need the additional power of an Athlon or Pentium. The power of these processors really only start to shine in games, image rendering, video editing, etc.

The average consumer web surfing, checking emails, word processing etc. will be fine with a Sempron/Celeron(D) and will save a helluva lot of money.

I play games with that Sempron and it works very well... I can play UT2004 at 800x600 (my 14" screen can go higher) and with the best quality. (but with no AA). And, it doesn't lag. But, the game that I play the most is Dungeon Keeper soo "LOL!" And I play The Sims 2. And, games are working very well. But, I do more programming than I do gamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom