need help with boot up (installed new water cooler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash21

Beta member
hey well i just installed an Evercool WC-202 and got everything working but now when i turn on my computer, when it goes to boot windows its shuts off or if i go into BIOS it will shut off too. By using a regular fan on the CPU it doesn't do this but when i put the CPU water block on it does. i would really appreciate it if anyone could help me here. P.S. I have an ASUS A7v600-X M/B.

Do you suppose that it could be that it's reading the CPU fan speed as 0 RPM (because it's not there) and shutting down as a safety measure? You could try hooking up the old CPU fan and laying it outside the case or somewhere safe and see if it stays on.

This was brought up in another thread....his I believe it was actually. That should have nothing to do with it. a 3pin connector has to be connected to the CPU 3pin on the motherboard for it to even recognize theres a fan there otherwise it won't register it at 0RPM it will just see it as not even being there so I doubt that's the issue.

But like was suggested in the previous thread, throw a fan on that jumper and see if it boots up. Then you can turn off that 'CPU Shutdown when fan fail' option.

You are making sure your water is flowing right? If it's not flowing at all that can and will cause it to overheat

aight well i figured out what was not letting me get into windows ... there was an option under the BIOS>POWER>Hardware Monitor it displayed the CPU fan RPMs so i hit enter on it and displayed IGNORE ... restarted the computer and it worked ... so thanx for your help guys ... this water cooling is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom