Half Life 2: ERROR (Memory could not be read)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoobie Rat, your a pretty nice guy. I'd like to take you out for a nice dinner sometime. How's Mcdonald's sound? Hungry?

I've already tried all that you've suggested. But, thanks for your 2 cents.

Hey, what do you want us to tell you? You're getting memory errors. Either the application isn't installed right, you've got cache conflicts, or bad/improperly-placed RAM.

And before you even start getting uppity with me, you should read the forum rules. It's clear you didn't read Rule #10. :mad:

What are your original RAM timings?

If the timings are anything except for 3-3-3-8, then make your timings either 2.5-3-3-10 or 3-3-3-10, matching the FIRST number with the original timing on the modules, keep the CAS the same.

I had this problem with the same memory, and this helped out a lot.

Good Luck.

ShoobieRat: What the hell is your problem? He couldn't be more polite in asking for help - take that pole out of your ass.

I wasn't sure if you tried just one stick of RAM or not. (If you did, did you try several of them as the 'one'?) It might just be one out of the three.

Relaxing the memory timings (suggested) and upping the memory voltage (not sure, but probably suggested in there somewhere) are the only other things I can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom