ATI or NVidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for low end gaming, I would suggest the FX-5200
I would never suggest that. a 6200 would be more appropriate. Peeps at xtremesystems have modded it, unlocked pipelines, and OC'd it to make it as good as a 6600GT stock. Pretty impressive.

Surprised this thread hadn't gotten all crazy yet lol.

BTW: Don't bother with SLI, it's way too expensive and not even worth it.

Well then

Well as for the question on which gaming i do, when i do plan on getting a new card my first purchases will be: Farcry, Half life 2 and i already have Doom 3. I wanna take these games and just crank the settings as high as they can go. This being because the only crappy thing that is on my computer right now is my video card.

I think i have finally made my decision though. Instead of going with the Radeon 9800 which is from $310.00 - $380.00 CDN, im gonna go with the 6600Gt which seems to be about $245.99 CDN. Also, people on this forum seem to like it quite a bit. I have never owned an Nvidia before but im sure i wont be dissapointed.

Well then, Thanks everyone for your help.

The 6600 GT is a great card at a great price. you wont be disappointed.

Also, the eVGA models are better than the other ones (except maybe leadtek)

eVga and leadtek are there own companys or same Nvidia? also, if i were to look up a few cards by them to purchse, any specifics?

They are 3rd party companies that make nvidia's cards. I hear evga is the best.

Oh and btw, since when is the 9800 pro more expensive than the 6600 gt? On newegg it's like $156.

senseless said:
Gigabyte released a 6600 card that was sold with 500mhz core clock/1.1ghz memory clock stock. Faster than my core =(

/emote kicks his crappy 6800s

Edit:

I have the 6800 gt.. Not worth it.

Your card is still a hell of a lot faster

dale5605 said:
They are 3rd party companies that make nvidia's cards. I hear evga is the best.

Oh and btw, since when is the 9800 pro more expensive than the 6600 gt? On newegg it's like $156.

Canada isnt newegg, it's very hard to find a 9800 Pro for under 270.

But arn't the 156$ 9800's on newegg SE's?

At Best Buy, the 9800 Pro is running $250 while the 6600 GT is $230. What an ignorant person to purchase the 9800 Pro for that price when the 6600 GT is cheaper.

The Best Buy where I live doesn't even sell the X800 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom