Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
My Girlfriend has a wireless router and im pretty sure if you have a wireless card around her house you can steal her signal. I was told there is a program or something you install to encrypt the signal so people cant steal it. Anyone got any ideas?

Most wireless routers have software built in that you can program to encrypt the signal. If you have the manual it will explain it. Otherwise you can type in http://192.0.0.1 (I think, though somebody else could tell you better the number as I use a different one on my router). Then type admin or administrator and pass or password or just enter for the first time you go into the router to set it up. This works on most of them I've seen,

Another good idea is to enable MAC address filtering. It will only allow certain MAC addresses to access the router. The routers manual will explain how to do this.

i picked up a wireless signal nearby, but i have my own so i dont use it. Wireless signals aren't that strong, so the stealer would get low speeds on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom