BenQ LCD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD911

Solid State Member
I'm looking at getting a new LCD screen. I have found one from BenQ, its a 17" FP737. Its got 450:1 contrast, 260cd/m brightness, and 16ms response time. Is this a good monitor?? Does anyone have any experience with BenQ? I'm also thinking of paying for their "zero dead pixel" guarantee. its an extra $17 CAD. Do you think its worth it?

If the monitor is being shipped to you then I think the price isn't too bad, since a lot of places only take a return for seven or more dead pixels.

If I were u, I wouldn't buy it. I have very bad experience with Benq hardware. Once I bought cd-rom, it worked 15 days, went to the store and replaced it with a new one. That second one lasted 1 month. After that, NEVER again.

Try to find another LCDÂ…..(Hyundai, Samsung, Sony)

Benq is good in my book

Ive had my 19" Benq Flatscreen for about 5 months now and i love the thing to death. I also have the flat silver keyboard, which i dont know the proper name for it, and it seems to be fine too.

In my personal opinion i say go with Benq. No complaints here

Actually Benq has lately been considered a good name brand by most of the magazines. Their monitors fall in the middle of the pack, but that is usally what happens when the price is significantly lower. Maybe the guy above was just unlucky. Check out some of the reviews on the Benq monitors. www.pcworld.com is a good start. Last month there was a review on external DVD writers and the Benq was rated the fastest writer available, as fast as internal, though the shape of the unit was wierd.

I looked at the Dell LCD. They didn't get the best reviews though so I was skeptical to buy one....

JD911 said:
I looked at the Dell LCD. They didn't get the best reviews though so I was skeptical to buy one....

dell lcd= samsung lcd with the dell logo on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom