Downloading Windows Updates to desktop (to be able to put on CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to download the Windows updates to a sepcific location (desktop for ex) and then burn them on to a cd

The thing is that I formated the copmuter recently and lost all security updates.

My internet connection is very slow so it would take a lot of time to download them.

My friend has a very fast internet connection so I want to download the updates there and burn them to a cd and install them here on my computer.

I went to the Microsoft website and saw a list of updates to download.

My question is that if I download for example an update released on Mar 25, would it take care of all updates released before that date (in its category of course) or should I download them too?? (That is to say, would it be enough to download only the newly released updates or will I have to download also the old ones??)

How is it possible to know what updates I should download?

Also, when updating Norton, does the update released on march 25 cover all previously released updates?? (does it include the other updates previoulsy released?)

Thank YOu

Thank you for your reply

I do have SP2 on a CD but I did not install it because I read a lot of reviews saying that it isnt that good

But if I install it, I will still have to get the new updates right??

Do you advise me to install it?

And what about Norton updates? If I download an update released on Mar 25, will I need to downlaod the updates before that date or this one will take care of them and cover them?

Thank you again

if i understand you wana get the windows updates files so you can burn them to a CD
its easy just download them @ www.windowsupdates.com then
go to your SYStem HD and find a folder named WUtemp get inside it it contains all updates copy them were you want
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom