New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCSS3.jpg
My XP-Mobile at 2.7Ghz gives a 3.8GHz intel a run for it's money ;)

AND BACK UP WITH INTEL !

intels were never designed for games, they say that themselves.

hewho dude, i seriously dont think it would be worth selling ur old parts, buying new parts just for a bit of gain in games. and yeah yeah amd fanbois come tell me AMDs r fine for apps, yes, the FX series and 3500+ and above.. but in this guys price range, it would not be worth it..

Long story short.

That mobo is fine, and stick with what u have at the moment, intel. You will not see a huge performance gain.

meh every CPU is fine for apps besides of course like 1ghz durons or celerons.....I'd like to see a human who can measure the difference of nanoseconds while opening a program.

In most cases a CPU does not matter in game performance. It really comes down to your video card. Just as long as you has enough CPU power to handle the logistics and other non-video card instructions it has to handle.

I would just buy a better video card. A 3ghz intel is more than enough for games now.

Well I'm not bothered about jumping to AMD cause I might aswell leave the computer I'm on intact and just start from scratch and maybe sell this dell.

Plus I noticed that the AMD board can run twice as fast as intel/mobo: 800 compared to 1600MHz, that a serious advantage or doesn't that matter?

I really want to build a beast of a gaming machine from the motherboard up and I'm leaving the graphics compartment till last but is the Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 comaptible with SLI graphic cards technology? Or need I not worry about it.

What would be the better performer for games?

AMD (Winchester) Athlon 64bit 3200 + and Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 or some other board

Or

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT + ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard

Essentially after some overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom