Via Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
senseless said:
Whats wrong with being a geek? As i see it, we have an advantage over the rest of the world.

I'm afraid to play america's army.. Next then you know i'll be brainwashed and joining the marines.

You're expecting too much out of the radeon card. Nvidia has surpassed ati chipsets in speed as of recent. If you have your settings to max performance (no AA, no VS, etc) and have your card set to render like 300 frames ahead (im not sure if catylst has this option). Other than that, make sure you have enough power to your system. If it still doesnt work, go buy a 6600gt.

EDIT: also, the stereotypical geek isnt at all what a geek truly is. Also, VIA truly does suck.
First off playing AA won't hurt you any. I play it all the time and I haven't even considered joining the army. It does not brainwash you and I have also taken screenshots of many different areas and I have not found any subliminal messages. IMO it is completely clean of government conspiracy to recruit young men into the army.

Also I am not expecting to much of ATI, I actually have the card so I know what it can do. Which a 3000+ and 1gb corsair I scored 5000 in 3dmark05 with the x800 xl, that's darn good. And you can check the reviews for yourself. The x800 xl smoke the 6600gt, it even competes with 2 6600gt's in SLI.

CompPro, AA is a very good game for tweaking as far as graphic options go. I highly recommend looking through this tweaktown guide to optimize your system for gaming.
http://www.tweakguides.com/AASF_1.html

And read through the windows xp and ATI tweaking guides also. These guides have helped my games run so much smoother, it would be a good idea to check them out.

alright thanks, ill try to tweak see how that works, btw i dont think from all the geeks:p i know that agp8x makes much of a difference than 4x, maybe 5fps, not more.

And could someone explain my doom 3 problem posted above?

Thanks geeks:D

I'm a smartass at times. I can't really speak for the ati cards, i've only used them for video editing. Friend of mine has a 9600, works great for gaming. The only thing i do know is that the 6600 will smoke the 9800 in a performance vs cost analysis.

Sounds like the same issue as AA, just not as bad. I'd still say its due to you having a celeron + 4x agp + ddr 333... Little things add up to make big problems.

TheComputerPro said:
alright thanks, ill try to tweak see how that works, btw i dont think from all the geeks:p i know that agp8x makes much of a difference than 4x, maybe 5fps, not more.
that was true when AGP 8x cards first came out, which probabbly didn't even utilize AGP 4x fully. it's the same with PCI-E, while current cards don't fully utilize AGP 8X (which would not run well in AGP 4x anymore) future cards will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom