PCI-E represents only 15% of the consumer market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres really no reason to have pcie unless you want SLI
Yeah but even ATI people who don't believe in SLI were hypin about PCI-E way before it's time. Like the article said, socket A users with athlon XP's haha that's me! Have to get a whole new mobo, graphics card, CPU, and in some cases a PSU....that freakin sucks man. I like my thermaltake 560w PSU it rocks, it's rock solid too with all it's rails, but going to PCI-E I'd need that little stupid connector, and whole new PSU.

They've bombarded us with hardware changes, and my wallet ran away in fear :(

well, nforce 3 came out.. a year later they came out with nforce 4, and almost a year after that they announce that they're coming out with nforce 5.

First of all, im REALLY pissed that they're giving the nf5 chipset to intel

second of all, Something has to be majorly wrong with the pcie architecture for them to come out with nf5 so soon.

well currently PCI-E is no better than AGP in terms of bandwidth. I mean it is on a tiny scale, but it sure isn't anywhere close to double.

Well yeah, AGP is still here to stay, no question, I always try and encourage anyone buying a completely new computer though to make the switch to PCI-E, you'll just have more options of what card you can put in.

I think companies are trying to start to persuade the public into buying PCI-E by marketing the PCI-E versions of cards for slightly less than their AGP counterparts.

so apparently PCI-E "only" represents 15% of the market
that's coming from 0% about 6 months ago, when the technology was only just released

come on, that's actually pretty high considering the time it has had to settle in

come on, that's actually pretty high considering the time it has had to settle in
No it's not. Even the people who wrote the article were and I quote 'shocked', or more precise
Shocking, as most reviews you can read nowadays are PCIe card reviews.

Also

PCI EXPRESS ADOPTION is taking its time. It is having a hard time to establish itself as the primary choice for consumers and gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom