Radeon 9800XT instead of Geforce 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
Well Lately I have sold my radeon 9800pro 128mb to recieve a faulty XFX 6600GT.

I was planning on finding a dependable Leadtek, MSI, or eVGA 6600GT to replace it, but I have recently found the Beastly 256mb/256bit 9800XT for the same price on ebay.

Since I play Half LIfe 2 related games mostly, wouldnt the 9800XT perform much better than the 9800pro and maybe even the mighty 6600GT using high graphic settings.

Someone please show me benchmarks comparing the 6600GT and the 9800XT.

and PLEASE dont just state your opinion but give me statistics or tell why you like the 6600GT or 9800XT.

- Thanks
Ace No-Money

No reviews on that card though. Fanless heatsink, you know that memory is OC'd the hell out of already....I still wonder how well it'd actually be. My eVGA can hit 1.1GHz mem after a week or so burn in time, haven't even tried pushing it in a while, but I know it can do those same speeds and I know it will work sooo I'd still like to see some more reports on that particular card.

me too, maybe i can talk the boss into getting one for someones system at work.. I'll be able to get my grubby hands on it for a couple days.

The only thing I will say about eVGAs 6600GT is the stock heatsink is very poor. Highest core clock I can get is 564 and unless it's night time with my window open it'll hit 85C easily, too hot for my liking, so for just everyday use I'm running 520/1026

85C? I didn't know vid cards can get that hot. I get worried when my x800 xt pe hits like 52C on stock cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom