ATI or NVidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
I dont really know the difference between the 2. Ive done research on the ATI Radeon before, mainly the 9800, but like i said i dont know much about them. I THINK i notice more Nvidia in gaming machines and Radeons in graphic pcs, but that could be just me. Anyone able to recommend which to use for different uses?

for the price of the 9800 you can get a 6600. Either or, it's more about your preference at that point. I like nvidia chipsets, they tend to preform better for gaming. I've never really used a radeon under gaming conditions. But they work great for video editing.

Well price wise, i dont really care about how much i spend, as long as i got something thatll last me and do what i wanna do with it. I mainly want a video card that i can just push to the limits and crank the settings, for mainly gaming. I love to see nice partical effects in games as well as smooth edges.

if you want the best of the best, get 2x 6800 ultras in SLI or for a single card (not as good as 6800 ultras in sli) the ati x850 xt pe

if you just want a good card, go for the evga 6800gt

Gigabyte released a 6600 card that was sold with 500mhz core clock/1.1ghz memory clock stock. Faster than my core =(

/emote kicks his crappy 6800s

Edit:

I have the 6800 gt.. Not worth it.

What would i need to set up the multiple video cards? ive heard a bit about it, but nothing to indepth? and is it really necessary?

Depends on how hardcore you are. you only need 2 video cards that are sli (scalable link interface) capable and a sli capable motherboard. Checkout the parts in my sig.

SLI is not worth the money unless you really have the money for it
for high end gaming, I would suggest a 6800 GT or Ultra
for not too expensive, but good performance, get a 6600 GT
for playing some not so big games, I would suggest the 9600 XT
for low end gaming, I would suggest the FX-5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom