win 98 - and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
hey im running like 512 ram 2ghz p4 and i have like a built in 32 mb vid card but yah i was just wondering if thier is anything i can do to speed up my system a bit that u guys know of... ive like tryed everything.. the reason being i just bought C&C generals.. and its horribly choppy... but yah if thiers anything u guys can think of reduce the choppyness it would be greatly aprectiated [ive already selected all the minimum setting for the game ie: low picture quality.. and more]

a 32mb card won't be able to handle that game...i don't know if there's anything you can do about it.

if you have an AGP slot in the motherboard you can buy a AGP video card or if not, buy a PCI video card. disable the onboard video and you are in business

ahh pshh no money... haha .. that was an option but i wanna get atleast a 128 mb vid card but those are up over 100$$$ but thiers gotta be sum tweaks i can do to my comp that are free??? lol cummon guys

If your video card is built in, do you not have the option in your bios to take physical ram and share it with the onboard video,,

so you have your 32,, and you borrow say 32 from your 512 , and now you have 64 mb video ram, and 448 ram ??

thought that you could do that , or am i thinking about the agp apature?

give it a shot!

cheers

wow... crash abbot... ur like god.... why didnt i think of that???? haha that would make sence... but this all goes back to the fact the im a newb at most things... sum directions would be greatly apreciated :) haha.. well i guess ill go into my bios right now and check though ill make another post in a couple minutes...

ok and.... for sum stupid reason thiers a password on my bios.... so ill have to get rid of that latah.... but if any of u have every increased the size of ur onboard vid card tell me how it worked and how u did itt... thankzz

yeah that game is very picky about setups.......but try upping it in the bios (video ram that is and if its possible) also when in windows right click the desktop and choose properties and then goto the settings tab and click on advanced and then goto the performance tab and back hardware acceleration 1 noth away from full......hope this helps

ive always heard you should not use onboard video/audio cards, they are usually crappy and they can not be changed over.
I would try maybe overclocking it just a bit (most of the time is done in the BIOS settings) but make sure it doesn't overheat or something if you do

www.ihatewindows98.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom