Different brand video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
I notice at stores and online that when you buy a video card, it is usually a BFG or a Gigabyte, or some other company. What exactly sets these apart from a standard Nvidia or ATI video card? Are they just overclocked or are there different chips used?

Re:

Hello,

Companies like ATI and NVIDIA provide the Graphics Processing Units. Other companies purchase the GPUs off of the graphics companies, and then customize their own graphics card to meet a specific type of audience. They have slightly altered specs, such as different clock speeds, memory etc... :D .

Well, you should know that nvidia doesnt make any of their own boards. They just license the technology to their partners.

the different compaines use the same base chip, but have slightly different configurations on the boards. The best manufacturers for Nvidia and ATI respectivly are eVGA and Sapphire.

Oh, okay thats what I thought. Is there any way to find out which company's 6600GT I have in my system? When I ordered my computer it just said 6600GT on the website.

They should've sent you a motherboard box with a bunch of manuals, and other goodies in it. Look through the manuals, it should be in there somewhere.

dhw200 said:
Well, you should know that nvidia doesnt make any of their own boards. They just license the technology to their partners.

the different compaines use the same base chip, but have slightly different configurations on the boards. The best manufacturers for Nvidia and ATI respectivly are eVGA and Sapphire.
I disagree with Sapphire :)

I think the best ATI cards are made by HIS, powercolor, and ATI themselves.

woot6600GT said:
Oh, okay thats what I thought. Is there any way to find out which company's 6600GT I have in my system? When I ordered my computer it just said 6600GT on the website.

i'm guessing it's leadtek

just open your case and look at your 6600gt's heat sink/fan and tell us what it says on it/the picture on it if any

i just know that my sapphire 9200 rocked much better than my friends ATI 9200. Now he has a 6800 GT and im waiting for the system in my sig to get here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom