Shuttle 0x0000007B Error When Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I'm trying to finish building my Shuttle SN41G2, but when I try to boot up, when its trying to start up Windows XP, I get the following error: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFC2E640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I tried three different IDE cables and two different hard drives (both of which are slightly older)
Any ideas on why the computer is doing this???
Are there any settings I can change in the BIOS to fix this?

Also, the two drives I was trying, they both work perfectly in the computers I pulled them out of, and they worked perfectly when I put them back in.

Just please don't tell me I have to send the unit back, I'm getting tired of waiting around for shipping stuff....

CAUSE
This problem may occur if one or more of the following conditions exists:

• Your computer is infected with a boot sector virus.

• A device driver required by your boot controller is not configured to start at boot time or is corrupt. If during a WINNT /B installation no mass storage device was detected, or you are attempting to switch motherboards without reinstalling the operating system.

• A resource conflict exists between the boot controller and another controller in the system or between SCSI devices.

• Drive translation is not being performed or was changed.

• The boot volume is corrupt and cannot be mounted by Windows

• Information in the Windows registry about which device drivers load at start up is corrupt.

Did you reinstall Windows prior to the installation of the new motherboard? If not THAT is your problem... your old system settings/drivers/registry will definitely need a new install to boot up.

Let me know what you find.

Hope this helps.

I would point to memory too, if you have more than one stick of memory, take all but one out and boot. if it causes errors, put in a different one and see if it does.
if it does, it is either a bad DIMM (which you can test by putting the RAM in another DIMM) or it is a software problem
if it only generates that error with one RAM disk, you know where the problem is

FIGURED IT OUT!!!

FIGURED IT OUT!!! YEAH!!!
Ok, so I guess my old school 4x CD-RW I got from my Dad isn't bootable (weird, go figure...)
So I downloaded a program from Microsoft that created Windows XP boot disks (a set of 6, pain in the butt) for systems with nonbootable CD drives.
Problem solved!!!
Now I was able to format the hard disk and load windows from the finally booted CD rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom