Problem to install windows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

banyan

Beta member
I was trying to install a windows 203 server on a desktop, which use a P4VMM2 motherboard. Although I have tried different ways to install it, all failed.

(1). First, I tried to install Windows 2003 Server by updating from the existing Windows 2000 installed in that PC, failed.

Error message displayed:
-------------------------------------
Setup was unable to verify drive C:.
Your computer may not have enough memory to examine the drives or your
windows CD contain some corrupted files.
-------------------------------------

(2). Then, I formatted the hard disk, and tried to install Windows 2003 Server directly from CD-ROM, failed. The system halted after loading some files.

(3). Last, I installed a fresh Windows 2000 Server in that computer, then tried to update it to Windows 2003 Server, failed again. Error message is the same as the one showed in the first attempt.

I have tried more than once for each of the above three methods, all failed with the same problem.

I checked Microsoft website with the error message got during the installation process, the following are the possible reasons:
--------------------------------------
(a) The motherboard of your computer may not be compatible with Windows.
(b) The BIOS of your computer may not be compatible with Windows.
(c) The hard disk you are installing to may be damaged.
(d) The Windows Setup CD may be damaged.

(c) and (d) are not very possible, since I checked the hard disk, and the CD-ROM, they are OK. I think the most possible reason is (a) or (b), the motherboard/BIOS compatible problem.

Can anyone here give me some suggestion?

Thank you very much!

Hmm wierd.. when i installed win 2k3 i had no problems...but yah when ur running win 2k load the cd and thiers an option i beleive to check for system compatibility... check that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom