NEW 'GeForce 6800 Ultra 512mb' link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree nubius. There has to be some way to improve graphics technology that does not involve simply lining up more cards to create some kind of "array" similar to hard drives lol.

hahah you talk like voodoo died cause of sli. it didnt but that is besides the point. im just into SLI cause its the cool thing to do right now lol. yea i know "how lame" but what else am i gonna do? Besides i cant even use my computer right now cause my 6800GT is agp and obvioulsty a sli board is pci-e. what a bummer.

hahah you talk like voodoo died cause of sli.
Umm no I never said that at all. I simply meant voodoos attempt at SLI which should have been obvious :rolleyes:

Nubius said:
SLI will fade out just like voodoo. Theres no way it will become a normal and standard way of getting awesome gaming. That's like telling people "Unless you can shell out your life savings, sell a couple kids into slavery, you'll never see better than medium graphics!"

Hay I've heard white kids sell as high as 30K... LOL

I don't know but was there a time when it was normal to only have 1 stick of RAM. Now look at it...

What if ATI starts doing SLI?

Well is SLI works out, what's next? Dual processors becoming the norm?

May the war begin! And a bi-product of that is a pocket that has been burnt out by the prices in the war, did I mention that the pants where burnt away too??!!

Yan

I agree with nubius on many of his comments.

IMO~ You don't need to spend that kind of $MONEY$ on this kind of technology. Todays PC games can't and probably won't for a long time support this technology. Not saying that the games won't run, they will, but there is no utilization of two cards. SLI technology today basically allows you to run two cards, (one card - displays the top portion of the screen and the second card - displays the bottom portion on the screen.) Big deal. I'd rather have one 512MB video card displaying the whole screen than 2 (256MB) and SLI with two 512MB for a total video memory of 1GIG? Come on... That's like putting a "big block 440" into a GO-CART. It's just not freakin' necessary.

And everyone is raving about the AMD FX-55 or the P4 Extreme Editions for gaming. Best for gaming, Best for gaming... Please, spend $900 to $1200 for a processor and another $1200 on dual SLI videocards. NO thanks.

I've got a Intel P4 3.4GHz
2 GIG of XMS corsair
(2) 250GIG SATA Seagate barracuda w/NCQ in RAID 0
A brand new Sapphire Radeon X800XT PE with Artic-Cooling Silencer 4.
SB Audigy 2 ZS
WINDOWS 95 (LOL J/K) WINDOWS XP PRO
I play all new games at highest settings and resolutions. And never have a problem. Well, except for HL2 which I still can't seem to play for some unknown memory read error, that thousands of people have experienced and hasn't been fixed yet.

My point, I don't have one... LOL

I don't think anyone's arguing that 1 512MB is worse then 2 256MBs or that 1 256MB is worse then 2 128MBs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom