Overclocking Utilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.
However under the SPD tab when I view an individual RAM slot it states the frequency as 200mhz.
So I'm a little confused.
That's because the SPD tab in CPU-Z isn't reading your current system specs like the memory tab is. The SPD stands for 'Serial Presence Detection' its like a BIOS for the RAM, and that SPD tab is just showing you what info is in there. Some Ram will have 3-3-3-8 at 200MHz, and then tighter timings if it were underclocked. Yours is 2-2-2-5 so that's all it's gonna show like this:

cpuspd.jpg

but this shows realtime what it's running:

cpuzshot.jpg

Ok but on my FSB:DRAM it says CPU/9? I think it's at a 1:1 ratio since the ram frequency is the same as the cpu frequency so why doesn't it say that?

darn got a smiley in there somehow

another question in the Memory tab enabling performance mode does what?

another question in the Memory tab enabling performance mode does what?
Don't even know where you can turn it on.

Smiley appears because you did a colon between the FSB and DRAM so it read it as colon D or :D

Post a shot of your CPU and Memory tab and I'll tell you why or why it isn't showing 1:1

main-cpu.jpg

mem-spu.jpg

spd-cpu.jpg

Oh and btw I have that performance mode option on my ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe :D

Another question, is it best to have the HTT multiplier at 4x or 5x?

Something else weird is going on. I thought AS5 only lowered a few degrees, but even with the thing overclocked to 1.9ghz the temps keep getting lower. Right now it is idling at 21C according to gigabyte's monitor utility. But everest says the CPU temp is 71C??!? :confused:

Well I dunno

Anyway I tried enabling that performance mode thing and it helped a lot. I have a new high score of 5993 on 3dmark05. And the performance mode on the ram also increased my CPU score by about 400 points! :D

Another question, is it best to have the HTT multiplier at 4x or 5x?
Depends on what you have your HTT to. If your board is a 1000HTT board, then you'd want the link speed multiplier set so that it's around that original 1000, normally it'd be 200x5 = 1000, but if you're overclocking, you can either leave it at 5x, or go to 4x and raise your CPU HTT up to like 250, but going to 250 and leaving the link speed multi at 5x isn't recommended.

Also yeah it's weird that your ratio is showing CPU/9 I honestly don't know whats up with that. By all means it should be 1:1 sooo don't know besides I wouldn't worry about it :p

Right now it is idling at 21C according to gigabyte's monitor utility. But everest says the CPU temp is 71C??!?
Use motherboard monitor 5 or check your BIOS for temps. Either faulty sensor or both those programs suck

BIOS is showing 25C at startup and then it goes down to 21C after I leave it sit there for a while. I don't understand why Everest is saying 71C. Also on my main comp under the sensor section it displays everyone correctly and the GPU and ambient temp as well. But on the AMD system it doesn't show the graphics temps and of course it displays the CPU temp terribly wrong.

Btw I was reading an overclock guide that says if you are on stock 200HTT the multiplier should be 5x but if you got between 200-250 then if should be 4X otherwise it will cause system instability and damage at 5x. And if you go 250+ HTT then it should be 3X. My brother went ahead and put up the multiplier to 5X and then upped the clock speed higher to 226mhz.

Now I think the system is busted.

I set the values back to default 200HTT and 5x multiplier and it still won't work. So now I loaded all the defaults and still nothing. Then I tried to reset the CMOS by taking out the battery for 30 seconds and popping it back in and it didn't even reset for whatever reason.

Basically I can get into the BIOS and everything but after I let the mobo finish the POST and it goes to load up the OS I'm just staring at a black screen and that's it.
:(

Btw I was reading an overclock guide that says if you are on stock 200HTT the multiplier should be 5x but if you got between 200-250 then if should be 4X otherwise it will cause system instability and damage at 5x. And if you go 250+ HTT then it should be 3X.
Yeah pretty much what I told ya. Of course there are those boards that are 800HTT in qhich by default the link speed multi is set to 4x of course, but yeah in everything I've read about AMD64 overclocking, you don't want to OC the overall system bus like you would on a socket A and go past 400FSB, those boards just don't like it.

Basically I can get into the BIOS and everything but after I let the mobo finish the POST and it goes to load up the OS I'm just staring at a black screen and that's it.
Slap your brother for starters and tell him to fork over some cash.

It doesn't seem to me like that would just instantly fry something. The computer is POST'ing so that's better than nothing, that's meaning the CPU and mobo is working atleast and so is RAM and GPU.....of course you could try running memtest86+ to see if that gives you any info.

You said you put everything back at stock right? So I don't think it'd be a case of an OC'd CPU not having enough voltage or anything.

Maybe your OS was corrupted during all these OC'ing trials.

I might just try to go ahead and install windows 64 bit on there since the drives appear to be corrupt. Now when it trys to boot it says "no HPA enabled-drive detected press any key to boot" then when I do it continues to the black screen of death.
I'm just going to install 64 bit, screw linksys, I will just get a 100 ft long ethernet cord. Can I get those at circuit city or somewhere like that?

Can I get those at circuit city or somewhere like that?
Friend of mine said they got like 1000 foot cables at newegg. Might check there

EDIT: But yeah circuit city or best buy should also have them at ridiculously overpriced rates of course :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom