Overclocking Utilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can overclock just fine, but reducing the mutipliers of the FSB and on AMD CPU mutipliers. Sorry to imply that you could overclock period.
I knew you didn't mean OC period, but you didn't say like "Nforce sucks compared to <blah> chipsets", you just said they suck at OCing which is more of an opinion than fact.

but when I mean overclocking I mean not changing anything but the FSB speed.
Yeah that's what I do. 236x10.5 currently, stock speed is 1.8GHz that makes it 2.478GHz with a 472MHz FSB

This CPU can hit 2.7GHz but I think 2.6GHz with a 470 approx. FSB is about the most stable it can get.

Dale - Generally there is an option in regards to RAM that'll let you choose 'User Define, By SPD, Expert' something like that, the By SPD should make it follow the CPU's HTT, but the main purpose of the SPD is that the RAM has a little 'BIOS' on it if you will that tells it at what timings to run depending on the MHz. That's why when you underclock RAM you'll see timings change on their own, thats the SPD at work

Jesse999 said:
You are intitled to your own opinion.
That isn't quite true. The internet is not a part of the US :D

If that were true you could say whatever you wanted and no one could ban you.

Jesse999 said:
I have done lots of research on this one. It will overclock, but not as well as other chip sets will.

that's dumb

and a via chipset will OC better?

OCing depends on your cooling and products used (ram, cpu, etc.)

You are intitled to your own opinion.
Yeah exactly, so him saying 'Umm no they dont' was pointless, because obviously I was stating my opinion based on experience that via sucks.

Well I can't seem to figure out the whole SPD thing or whatever for the ram. But I went ahead and overclock it a little further to 1.943 ghz. But when I check CPU-Z on the Memory tab it says the frequency is 217mhz. So I think maybe the RAM automatically clocked itself to match the CPU clock I set in order to maintain the 1:1 ratio, is this possible? However under the SPD tab when I view an individual RAM slot it states the frequency as 200mhz.
So I'm a little confused.

I did bench it again on the 1.943 ghz though, scored an even 5000 on 3dmark05, so it definitely did improve about 200 points.

Btw I didn't change any voltages. I don't know when I should do that.

My board does that automatically untill the ram cant go any farther.... It only goes as far as it can with out the BIOS/RAM messing up...

Ok, that would be cool if it did do that. I was just wondering why CPU-Z reads it as 217mhz in one tab and then 200mhz in the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom