Got her up to 4.1GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man what cooling you got
Stock :( see above.
Cooling should come shortly. I just have to find the time and the energy to take that mobo back out to get it all installed.

What I would like to get to is 4.5GHz at 1066 fsb with 4:3 Ram:fsb (~DDR700) :p I don't know if that will ever happen though...

Temps were idle at about 45c and hit 64c when I ran prime,
Yeah with that you need to back down your current clock lol. 64C is way too hot for any system muchless overclocked.

In regards to high overclock with not enough voltage, it's like when your car is running on fumes...it's not good for the engine to be running without a sufficient supply of fuel in the tank, becomes more prone to sucking in more dirt and gunk from the remaining bits of fuel

Very nice OC man, but 64 degrees celcius is alot. I wont let my system hit 56 degrees celcius. I would keep your system at 3.8ghz-3.9ghz. Depending on your temps of course.

Very nice OC man, but 64 degrees celcius is alot. I wont let my system hit 56 degrees celcius. I would keep your system at 3.8ghz-3.9ghz. Depending on your temps of course.
Yeah, I know, like I said, I am just kind of testing it at this point. You do have to remember though this is a presshot, I've seen a lot of sad peeps with those kind of temps stock :eek:

I am really thinking about that Tower 112 . What do you guys think of that one? Noise is really factor to me as well so do you think it would do well with a low db fan?

I've heard nothing but good things regarding that tower. It's a beast and heavy as all hell, but it does a great job of cooling.

Same here, hell its pure copper yo. Well thats ALOT of testing lol. Still man, dont get to those temps. Or your testing with consist of.. hoping your system might turn on "this time" lol.

Right on, I think I am going to go ahead and order that one. One question, I remember you guys mentioning a certain product to clean off thermal pad/past stuck to the cpu. What was that stuff called again?

Well thats ALOT of testing lol.
LOL, yeah, I guess it is. The funniest part was when I tried 4.2GHz. The bios I have has a speech post reporter. So when I tried to boot it up this female voice comes on "boot failed due to overclocking." I was like "shut up biotch, fix me a sandwich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom