Soltek SL-75KAV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammoboss

Solid State Member
Well you got my mb model in the subject heading, i recently put a athlon 2200xp on my mb but because i didnt update my bios it was telling me a 1377 processer, so i updated it using autoflash and the 75kavq11.bin file, it should be compatible upto xp2600 but its telling me in windows xp system info that i still got a 1377 processor and when booting up it says an xp 1500+

theres switches on the mb to change the cpu frequency has that anything to do with it???

plz anyone know how to solve it

:rolleyes:

ok i see that it is not. i have this problem with an older model soltek board. Occasionally ihave to go in and manually set the freq. For some reason it will jump a few 100 mhz below what it is set for. you should be able to do this in the bios and not have to use the switches on the board. Look in the manual and read about the bios, it should walk you through where to pump it up at. or if this is a new setup. try load optimal settings and see what it shows the cpu at.

i cant find anything in the bios for manual freq, would u know where abouts it is? what would i do with the settings anyway :(

its nothing to do with the cpu/host?

the only way i can find in the manual to change the freq is from the switches,

the cpu External Frq are at default -

CPU External PCI Freq FSB Frequency
100mhz 33.3mhz 200mhz

what settings would i need to get my 2200 mhz to work

Thankyou for your help i did update the bios with autoflash and used the 75kavq11.bin file after that was done i still couldnt see anything in the bios that would help but after studying my mb handbook, i found out the cpu external freqency was set to default (100mhz) so from the diagram i changed the switches on the motherboard so its cpu freq = 133.3mhz-266mhz FSB freq (is that right?), from the bios it indicated i got a athlon 2200xp and in direct x 9 so hurray for that and thanks for the help

One more thing in the system infomation in Windows xp it says the cpu is 1880mhz is that the actual speed of it?
Whats the mazimum i can overclock a 2200 because i got redstorm o/c in the bios

tnx all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom