help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayaseattle

In Runtime
here is a question..that someone asked me recently

What microsoft technologies have you worked with...?

(ok.whats the answer to this..?????..does he mean...stuff like...office, project and the software..etc..or what else...

my questioj would be..what the hell are microsoft techn and how are they defined..which ones..)

thanks a million

More than likely he's talking about previous OS's, 3.1-XP. Also, he's probobly referring to the Office aspect of it as well. Microsoft has come out with PLENTY of different things, even X-Box's!

Microsoft technologies does not refer to OS's.

These are software technologies (unless otherwise stated as hardware), such as MDAC, DCOM, IIS, .NET, Exchange-Server, NetMeeting, VS, MSJVM, COM, portal services, SharePoint, and more.

This can also refer to server related OS's, such as Server 2000, 2003, or NT. The OS's themselves, however, are not considered Windows "technologies."

Enjoy.

hunh

how the $%$%4 does this all relate to a marketing position..jeezzz!

thanks people for your help

Uh...it relates quite a bit, dude.

I mean, if you're going to be selling software or hardware solutions, it means a lot to be able to talk to a customer and make sure that not only will your stuff work for them, but that they have the ability to use and understand the tools your software needs.

Are you a Microsoft Certified partner? Do you know what IIS is? No IIS? Well, you won't be running any web services. Got a database integration? Got MDAC installed? Is it up to date? No? You'll need to update that to our minimum reqs of 2.8.

Not all companies, especially small software/hardware companies, can afford to have sales people that just drink cocktails and bullshyt all day. They usually like you to not only have in-depth knowledge of the product you're selling, but they usually like you to be able to provide some support and TS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom