How good is the Geforce 6600??

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS5 on the GPU probably would help a few degrees, but I wouldn't expect a miracle, just remember to put it on in moderation

1024 isnt a high resulution, when you get higher than that AA gets hard

And yeah, slam some AS5 on it and overclock

The 6600 GT is the best value for the money right now. It beats the royal crap out of the 9800 series. And it gives the X800 Pro a run for its money as well. This is the reason Nvidia is absolutely unchallenged as the best value for the money right now.

1024 isnt a high resulution,
it is when your monitors max is 1280x1024.

1024x768 is fine for any gaming and the AA smoothes out the edges a lot more than just going to 1280x1024 with no AA, I've tried it both ways. I have played Far cry with 1280x1024 with 2xAA, and if the cards overclocked heavily it can handle it, but will get quite hot

beedubaya said:
This is the reason Nvidia is absolutely unchallenged as the best value for the money right now.
Eh, not quite. The X800 XL is actually probably the best value for the money right now even moreso than the 6600gt. The x800 xl only costs $289 and it stomps all over the 6600 gt.

Yeah I will give the X800XL credit, I've even been suggesting it to people if they have $300 to spend and the 6600GT if they have $180 to spend. The X800XL no doubt is good, but it is also another $120+, but compared to other cards that get that performance and them costing like $350 it is indeed good. I'm not gonna fuss though, I like this 6600GT, perhaps if I would have known about the X800XL back 4 weeks ago I might have gotten it, but at the same time I don't think I would have had the money though, and I don't even want to bother trying to sell it, then getting that extra $100 for that XL because I'm looking to get a new WC setup here in a few weeks that'll run me about $250, and when I get that, I'll be able to OC my graphics card into the sky anyway :D

My friend has the X800XL and he says the MAZE4 GPU water block doesn't fit on it...so there goes WC for that card out the window unless you settle for a lesser block

x800XL wouldn't have worked for ya anyway Nubius, it's strictly a PCI-E card.
Ahh that's right, only reason I was thinking otherwise is because my friend bought it, and he has an NF7-Sv2 and XP-M like me, buuuuut I forgot he just bought an AMD64 setup when he bought that card. GOT ME ALL CONFOOOOOSED :D

Oh well, all these people who have in the past said I was a completel 'Nvidia fanboy' can go shove it. I've always given ATI credit as far as the fact they always will have a card that can compete with nvidia, but I like nvidias driver stability better (but my friend with the X800XL says he likes ATIs driver stability lol) but still I've never just completely said 'ATI SUCKS' and hell now I recommend the X800XL to a lot of people.

Most users have AGP, so the XL being PCI Express is kinda a recommendation downfall. I think 300$ is alot of money for a video card. Most people get shy around 200$. But since the 6600 Gt is both AGP and PCI Express, while less expensive. I think it works out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom