replacing my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND_YOU_ARE said:
Which of the three listed above? I am leaning to the msi, any reason not to go with it?

Also when is the next generation of card coming out? In a month or two? Would it be worth it to wait for the netgenerations to come out so prices are lower, and maybe go with the 6800 instead?

even if new cards come out, i don't think the 6800 will drop in price that much.

...and i haven't heard of any new card coming out any time soon, so... make a choice

pc_boy, have you had any problems with that card what so ever? We have similar board and shipsets. Do you play CSS or any other high graphic games? Just looking to make sure that no one has had any major problems with the card and mobo combo.

I know there are problems with the video card or the drivers, when i am on aim and firefox or ie the video card makes the monitor refresh the screen resolution. This also happens when watching a video file and having a ff window open.

So it looks like im ditching the 9800.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I know there are problems with the video card or the drivers, when i am on aim and firefox or ie the video card makes the monitor refresh the screen resolution. This also happens when watching a video file and having a ff window open.

So it looks like im ditching the 9800.

ya gonna sell it or give it away (jk) or keep it?

btw i have a leadtek 6600gt and i can't say anything about its OC, but it's pretty damn quiet and runs really cool (37 idle, around 50 load)

I was thinking of going 'office space' (except with bullets) on the card and the ati cd's, but if I am offered enough money I will sell the card. It must be my setup, the 9800 model is very successful.

Personally I think you made a mistake buying a Sapphire. I hate sapphire myself, ran into problems with them before. I now just get cards from ATI themselves or from Powercolor.
Don't think ATI is bad though. The x800 series is great :p. (except the pro's, I hate them :) )
Of course if I were you I would wait until you can afford a new system and then get a mobo with PCI-E. Then you could get the x800 xl :)
Until then you could toss some money at a cheapy 6600 but a new comp would be preferred :D

:beard:

Alright, well i am going to build a pcie rig in july06. Until then I want to be able to play css. I just played hl2 for an hour with no problems, besides I cant get past a certian point.

So if this video card can play hl2 fine, but cant play css then it looks like its a css problems or the video card doesnt like css. idk, I am really out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom