Key board mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
LED's are easily possible, but a cathode requires a lot of power. Most I've seen have a converter on them from the 4pin molex connector, to a little box, and then out to the cathode. You'd just have to get a long +12v line from your box up to your keyboard, ziptying the line along the keyboard wire I guess. Seems like a big hassle though

Antec makes plenty of external cathodes. Pick one up and either ziptie it or use the velcro under it. If you are looking for it to look better aesthetically, xoxide has one with LED's already inside of it.

I don't where you plan to put it, but a cold cathode is very bright, my cold cathode is like the sun lol.

I think it could look cool though.

do they sell the LEDs seperatly because that would be cool. I was thinking to put on likt the top of my keyboard which is a blue clear. I was thinking of doing this because at night I have to be quite and it'll help if I had the lights out so I dont wake my parents up and I could just have that thing on and see the keyboard.

Radio shack should have tons of LED's from regulars to super brights blah blah. Gotta make sure you know a decent amount of electrical work though when you buy them like that. You gotta know how much juice to give em.

Why mod a keyboard and it look like crap, when you can buy clear keyboards with lights or just lighted keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom