Ahhhh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZNRockThis

In Runtime
ok my new video card is put in evga Nvidia 6800GT, and when i turn the system on everything is running fine but no graphics. Everything is hooked up right but no graphics. suggestions?

You did remember to plug in the extra power connector that's required for that card right? If so, then the card just may need to be resat again

If you toss in your previous card does it work no problems? You could reset the CMOS (could just use the pins and jumper though), but perhaps the card is DOA?

EDIT: Or your PSU is too weak?

Try the card on a different computer. If it works on a different computer, you at least know it's the card.

try using different ram or just one stick of ram

edit: the suggestion above is really good, also, check your psu as nubius said

Possiblity: conflict in card and onboard video? Disable onboard. Possiblity: Remove card, re-install drivers, reboot, shutdown and insert card?

i have checked the power supply used one stick of ram nothing, i have tried multiple agp video cards in my motherboard but none seem to be able to pull up graphics even though i can put the same graphics cards in other systems and they will work. I have reset cmos but i still get blank screen. I dont know if there is many things left to do.

Well that tells us that it is a problem with the motherboard or AGP slot. If you go into your BIOS can you disable the onboard video? I think that is what is causing it. Otherwise maybe it's a faulty slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom