Got her up to 4.1GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
I know this isn't anything to crazy, but I decided to play around with my computer tonight and got it up to 4.1GHz, a 700MHz OC, so I am pretty happy. It didn't boot at 4.2GHz, but I didn't try raising vcore anymore either, I am still pretty timid. So here it is, my personal best ;)

Cool, nice OC. A higher clock speed without enough voltage would be more damaging than adding voltage to it. Don't be timid about adding Vcore, as long as you are keeping it cool even up to 2v is fine

your CPU-z shows 4.008496094Ghz Just gotta love precise numbers dont ya? Anyways was that pic supposed to show the 4.1 or the next highest that you could get while logging into windows?

A higher clock speed without enough voltage would be more damaging than adding voltage to it.
Wow, I didn't know that. It did feel fairly stable at 4.1 though. I only ran prime for a couple minutes though.

Temps were idle at about 45c and hit 64c when I ran prime, so a little too hot for me. At this point I am just trying to see what this thing can do. I am definately going to get better cooling before I start running this thing regulary at speeds like this. I am still on the stock HSF :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom