problems creating new connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrice

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I was just having problems creating a new connection. I have done it many times before and I dont know what is wrong. I go to the wizard and select set up my connection manually and it doesnt give me the option to use dial up ( yes dial up!). I was just wondering what the problem was. Also, as of right now I am sharing a connection with another computer in the house. Ive tried disableing that and seeing if it would work but it didnt. What can I do?

Thanks,
Jason

well... uhh all i have to say is if ur running a p4 OC'd to 3.1 ghz what the *uck r u doing with dial up??? and let alone splitting it between to computers... so whats that like 33kbps each??... like... ive never heard of this...but yah since... i have a lack of information in the whole 'dial up' information i dont have the answer... just thought ide get my 2 cence in :) haha.. but good luck figuring it out

what was the last thing that you were doin before this happened?

it could be a number of things you know..

First, i like to know if ur modem is an external modem or internal PCI modem.

If you are using an external modem, it could be the physical wiring issue that did not allow the computer to recognise the presence of the modem. otherwise, it could be you didnt set up ur dialing location. Or your modem drivers were not installed or not recognised by the OS.

Then, if you are running an internal PCI modem, overclocking may cause the issue. I had personally come across issues like that before, coz the so call overclocking that Mobo offers are actually increasing the FSB thing and that affects the PCI interface. *My SB PCI Live card refuse to work!*

Second, i like to query abt ur hardware setup. You are using a 800Mhz FSB PC yet, you did not use Dual Channel Memory... Why not? Coz if you are not using DC memory chips, the 800mhz wont be optimized. Its like a 533Mhz FSB using a 266Mhz DDR Ram.. bottlenecks my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom