How good is the Geforce 6600??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I just ordered a Chaintech Geforce 6600 (normal edition) with the 8x AGP interace with 256 MB RAM for like $150.
Here is the site: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-112&depa=1

Question is, I want to play Doom 3 and Half Life 2, Far Cry, ya know, all the good games, on my nice 17" NEC 16 ms LCD at pretty high resolutions with high details. How well is this video card going to do with these games on the higher resolutions?

Not very well on higher resolutions

You should have got a 6600GT, even with a GT and farcry you can basicly forget running AA and AF

6600 GT was like $50 more, even the 6600 was extremely stretching my budget as I originally only planned on spending like $80-$90 for a 9600 Pro.

yeah, I'm glad I got a 6600 too, figured it would be best to get a good 6600 now instead of spending the cizzash to get a 9600 now and just having to upgrade in a few months anyways

even with a GT and farcry you can basicly forget running AA and AF
Nah I play with 2x aa and AF set to '2' in far cry (they dont list it as 2x, 4x for whatever reason) at 1024x768 it plays great :D

At xtremesystem, there's people who have modded 6200's and OC'd them to get the same score as a stock 6600GT...now thats pretty dang good

DANG!! thats pretty sweet about that 6200! how would I go about overclocking my Chaintech 6600???

Also, I have a tube of arctic silver 5 leftover from building my computer, should I slab a little bit of AS5 onto the GPU on the card??? would that help any?

sprtnbsblplya said:
DANG!! thats pretty sweet about that 6200! how would I go about overclocking my Chaintech 6600???

Also, I have a tube of arctic silver 5 leftover from building my computer, should I slab a little bit of AS5 onto the GPU on the card??? would that help any?

ur gonna need some cooling that's gonna cost you (i'm assuming)

GrimReaper23 said:
yea but why would you want to buy a bad card in the first place

not everyone has hundreds of dollars, or rich parents, to get video cards.

yea we all (i would hope) know that but waiting a couple of months is somtimes a good idea. but anyway, the 6600 is just over half as powerful as the GT in most things according to all the reviews i've read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom