p4 2.8 overclock success

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrice

Solid State Member
I successfully overclocked my p4 2.8 to 3.18 ghz. No hardware or software issues at all. if i went higher i would start having problems. my cpu temp right now is 22C/71F.

why does it run so cool? damn, my processor isn't currently overclocked and it's running at like 42 C

my proc is too. AMD athlon XP 2500+ is running around 40 C
But im getting a thermaltake smartfan II(or vantec tornado) to put on my heatsink instead of the crappy 60mm 25cfm fan that i have on there. that should lower the temp some. i am wondering, can some1 give me an example of what 55DBA sounds like? a hair blower? A jet engine? An F5 "Finger of God" tornado?

heh, i found a scale :)

dB Sound
0 threshold of hearing
10 pin dropping at 10 m
20 soft whisper
30 library
40 quiet conversation
50 normal conversation
60 a busy office
70 vacuum cleaner
80 inside a small car
90 lawn mower
100 large orchestra
110 rock music
120 boom stereo in car
130 earphones up loud/ jet plane
140 air raid siren
150 military rifle

you guys realize you are comparing pentium4 and XP temps? they are not the same thing. your processors are running at very cool, normal temps.

but the 22 C is quite low for an overclocked P4..unless he has airconditioning near the pc or vapochill or something..can you please confirm, jrice.

i live in the tropics and my friend's 2.8 p4 runs at stock and at a constant 34C under full load.

well one reason it is so cool is that im running with 6 case fans. They seem to work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom