Computer restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkxvenom

Beta member
ok today I went on the computer and it was all normal then I shut it off a few hours later I go back on and it starts up but completly nothing shows up on my desktop except for the wallpaper. I restart a few times and still, nothing shows up. So I turn is back off and a few hours later I try again but this time when I start it up it doesn't even want to boot all the way. What happens is that the Vaio logo shows and then the sign that says pentium four procesor comes up to but after that it just restarts itself over again. I tired to put it on in safe mode but it doesn't work I also tried putting in the Windows XP but it doesn't boot with that either. I kept trying but the same thing just happes over and over again. Would you happen to know whats wrong with it?

Well, in order to boot from the CD you have to go into the setup and make sure that the CD ROM drive is the first in the boot sequence. Then you have to wait to where it says to press any key to boot from CD. I would try running the repair utility once in there.

still wont work...
I also niticed that right when its about to get to the windows xp logo screen with that bar and all... the floppy drive light flashes... and then it just restarts over again...

do you think its a hardware problem or a virus?

By pressing F10? Be a little more specific. Hitting F10 int like flicking a switch from the broken position to the fixed position. Where you in setup and were not able to save your changes? And you hit F10 to save, whhc is the common save key for most BIOS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom