What the...? (bus speed related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdn745

Solid State Member
all of a sudden my proceesor bus speed just decreased after i reformatted my computer. It was 3 hundred and something yesterday and now its 166mhz does anyone know what happened?? my AGP bus speed also went down... any ideas what happened? i never overclocked anything by the way. Any help is appreciated.

Where are you seeing this change at? Are you sure you didn't just see it saying 333MHz, and now are seeing 166MHz, because those are on in the same in a sense, depends on what software is displaying it.

Right click on my computer, go to properties, and see if it says XP 3000+, if so then everything is fine and like it should be. AGP bus should be at 66MHz

ok i understand it now i've been told its the cool n quiet technology but thanks anyways

Yeah, I always tend to forget about that. It will underclock your CPU and decrease fan speed. Believe you can turn it off in the BISO

hey i just noticed something i dont think my amd athlon xp 3000+ supports cool n quiet. i'm getting worried now, i'm not seeing it at different sources, it displays in my bios. yesterday it displayed 333Mhz but just now when i checked it said 166Mhz. any ideas on what happened?

It sounds to me like you're reading two different things and getting them mixed up.

What's the FSB speed of your CPU? I'm pretty sure it's 333MHz, but some Athlon XPs do have the faster 400MHz speed.

Anyways, you have two different speeds. Your bus speeds, which should be the same speed as your memory is advertised at. Say you have DDR333, then your bus speed should be 333MHz.

The other speed is your Front Side Bus speed, which is determined by the CPU. If your memory speed matches your front side bus speed, it should be half that of the bus speed, or in this case, 333/2 = 166MHz.

Download CPU-Z, this will provide all this information and allow you to post screenshots of it so we can check it out. ;)

Maybe you're right let me install the program n try to get screenshots but i'm not on that computer now so i'll have to get back, thanks for ur help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom