help with boot up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash21

Beta member
ok well i just installed an evercool wdc-202. everything is hooked up correctly but when i go to turn on my computer it shuts off with in 2 seconds. the motherboard i have is an asus a7v600-x and just wondering if you guys might know what the problem is ??

Sounds like it may be overheating.
Not being funny but double check the heatsink is the right way round. I've known people put them on back-to-front before.
I assume the fan is working OK, if so, what type of thermal paste did you use?

ok well about the heatsink im sure its on right but on an evercool water cooling system there is not a fan for the cpu heatsink its just the circulation of the water so i might be thinking that since there isnt a cpu fan plugged into the M/B that it might be the problem.... i am using the thermal gel that came with the kit.

Didnt realise it was water cooled!
In that case, you may be right. The system is possibly detecting that no CPU is plugged in & shutting it down as a result.

If you have an spare CPU fan, try connecting it to the mobo. Make sure you dangle outside of the case obviously so it the blades are clear. If system boots like this, at least you will know what the problem is

Doubt the mobo thinking the fan is dead is the problem. It only see's the fan when the 3pin is connected and then if the thing registers the fan at 0RPM it will shut down the computer, but that 3pin needs to be on there, just for the mobo to recognize it's on there. I've had watercooling with now fan attached to the 'CPU FAN' 3pin on the mobo before with no problems...it's worth a shot of course, but I don't think that's the problem really.

Make sure your CPU water block is nice and firm on the chip, perhaps it's not making good contact?

If none of this work, perhaps it is your PSU at fault here....if you have another PSU to try I'd do that.

If not, then it's time to troubleshoot the system.

Pull the mobo out onto something anti-static, glass, cardboard, whatever...make sure the case is nearby so you can hook up the PC speaker in case you get beeps.

Have only one stick of RAM, and vid card plugged in with the keyboard also.

Take out the vid card, see if the system beeps, if it does, then the vid card is giving problems and it's either bunk or simply needs to be reseated. Repeat the same thing with the RAM and same rules apply, if it beeps, the RAM is doing something here, if not, then the mobo or CPU is to blame....buuut if it's just shutting down within 2 seconds, and you KNOW the water block is on there and your water is flowing (you have made sure the pump is working and water flowing right?) then I'd point at the PSU

well i found the problem out... i had too much thermal gel on the core. but now the problem is that it will boot up but when it goes to boot windows or work in bios it will shut off..... should i contact the M/B company about this or is it because its getting too hott.... the temp inside the computer is around 30 deg C so i dont really know right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom