Computer Startup Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
Ok...this is the most anoyying thing I have ever had to endure...when I turn my computer on the screen doesn't do anything, the light is brown, then the light turns green and the screen goes on but it skips the first two screens, it goes right to the Windows XP Pro Welcome Screen.........What can I Do? Also when I hit F8 right after I put on the computer it just stops and never turns on!!!!!!! Please help!!!
Thanks

why would they need a new monitor if it still works? people who reccomend new hardware without even considering other options shouldn't be posting technical advice on forums..... unless you've had this problem before?

Try checking your BOIS by hitting f2 or delete. Then check to see if you have normal boot or fast boot.

MikePB3 said:
Ok...this is the most anoyying thing I have ever had to endure...when I turn my computer on the screen doesn't do anything, the light is brown, then the light turns green and the screen goes on but it skips the first two screens, it goes right to the Windows XP Pro Welcome Screen.........What can I Do? Also when I hit F8 right after I put on the computer it just stops and never turns on!!!!!!! Please help!!!
Thanks

Malak said:
why would they need a new monitor if it still works? people who reccomend new hardware without even considering other options shouldn't be posting technical advice on forums..... unless you've had this problem before?

Maybe you shouldn't be posting

I have a 19in Princeton moniter that does exactly this. It was just how they made it. It use to drive me crazy, but I"m use to it now.

I have 2 moniter's (Sony LCD and a 21 inch Nec) that doesn't do it

So shawn's answer might be a logical one.

another answer is to go into bios and disable quick boot (or quick post), although this one doesn' t help me

you don't agree with his answer, post a new one. don't bash him

as i said, if he's had the problem before and that was the only solution then fine, but if he's never encountered it, buying new hardware should not be the first step in fixing it

Malak said:
people who reccomend new hardware without even considering other options shouldn't be posting technical advice on forums.....

this was the uncalled for statement. a person should be able to answer a question, even if he is wrong or right

That's the beauty of a technical forum. Someone states their problem, and every Tom, Richard, and Harry can give their advice. Some good, some bad, some wisecracks.

No need for disrespect, though.

there was no disrespect, atleast none intended, but such a response is lazy and unprofesional, how would you like it if you walked into a store to ask for help and the guy just said " oh well, you can fix this by buying this wonderful new top of the line item for only $200!"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom