Computer Startup Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
Ok...this is the most anoyying thing I have ever had to endure...when I turn my computer on the screen doesn't do anything, the light is brown, then the light turns green and the screen goes on but it skips the first two screens, it goes right to the Windows XP Pro Welcome Screen.........What can I Do? Also when I hit F8 right after I put on the computer it just stops and never turns on!!!!!!! Please help!!!
Thanks

did you change any settings in your bios lately? if so you could try resetting it, just remove the battery for a little while, put it back in and see if it works. if not that i would say check that all the connections are in good, and that the video card is seated properly, if it is take it out and check to make sure the contacts are clean
let me know if this helps at all

did you change any settings in your bios lately? if so you could try resetting it, just remove the battery for a little while, put it back in and see if it works.

is that how u restet the bios or is that 2 different things

thats just resetting it, the battery needs to be out for a little while to allow the capacitors to empty, then you can reinset the battery and boot up, i suppose you could leave the battery out, but then you would have to set the system clock every time you boot

thats just resetting it, the battery needs to be out for a little while to allow the capacitors to empty, then you can reinset the battery and boot up, i suppose you could leave the battery out, but then you would have to set the system clock every time you boot

u think that will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom