Can some one explain some of the abbreviations used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
Ones like HTT and LDT (I think thats one I saw), and I kind of need a little further explaination on keeping your fsb and memory at 1:1, will they equal the same hertz? I just have so many questions and so much to learn. I'm hoping to have a good understanding by the time I purchase a new rig.

HTT:if you are talking intel, its hyper threading thecnology. if you are talking amd its hyprt transport technology.
HD:hard drive.
CPU:central processing unit.
VGU,GPU,GP, and GC all mean graphics card.
LCD:liquid cooled display.
CRT:im not sure, but it just means the old style of monitor that are Gigundo

lcd is liquid crystal display
crt is cathode ray tube
gpu is graphics processing unit

you doing the right thing so far, thats asking.

HT is hyperthreading.
CRT is Cathode Ray Tube
lcd is liquid crystal display
hard drive can also be hdd
I think ldt is Local Descriptor Table but I can't think what it does.

Hehe thanks guys, that clears things up. People get so use to using abbr. that if you don't know what they stand for you'll never know, because its just easier to type them. Now, does HTT have anything to do with when you figure out your processing hertz, like I see people put, " my HTT is 265 x 10 ", does this just mean their FSB?

VGU,GPU,GP, and GC all mean graphics card.
LCD:liquid cooled display.
Poison..don't post things like this if you aren't entirely sure what the abbreviations stand for. "Liquid Cooled Display".....come on man, if you take 10 seconds to think about that you'd know it makes basically no sense....when have you seen a liquid cooled monitor besides http://www.afrotechmods.com/stupid/water/water.htm

Now, does HTT have anything to do with when you figure out your processing hertz, like I see people put, " my HTT is 265 x 10 ", does this just mean their FSB?
For the new AMD64 processors, FSB isn't used at all. HTT = FSB for the most part, that's the easiest way to remember it.

For us socket A users we'd say 'Yeah my CPU FSB is at 230 in the BIOS' for an AMD64 user they'd say "My HTT is at 230"

I believe LDT stands for Lightning Data Transport BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom