Slow? True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolxy

Baseband Member
Does slow computer affect the speed of burning? i mean like say does it take so long to burn cd? i have this 550mhz 64 ram.. And i have samsung dvd burner burned 600 mb cd at 4x and it took 20 minutes!! isn't much?

at a point yes. but the most part you should be managed by the actuall burner. The computer transfers data to the drive at the same speed no matter what the Burning devise speed is. This is only limited by the os and it's ability to run on the given processor.

hope that helps

ok, The burning device (CDRW/DVDRW), is not limited by the computer unless the PC is unable to handle moving data into the the drives buffer. This is ussually the case when the Computer is running with too little ram or is just old. What happens is that the machine will need to use the data bandwidth that the CDrom is trying to use, and so the dive will slow down (burnproof) and cache data until it has enough to write.
so, for the most part, you will burn at the speed your drive can do, but there are times when that doesn't happen due to the above.

better?

mmmm... so havw to get a new ram and higher cpu.. btw what if i just want to burn with the same speed? does it really affect anything?

what browser are you using? The link works for me... so I don't know what to tell you...

Sometimes if you have the hard drive and Burner on the same IDE cable it can slow down as it has to wait till the other has transfered. What is the OS you are running? Just out of intersest were you burning 600Mb to a CD-R or DVD-R?

20mins in 4x is very normal .trust me in a laptop with 512RAM
burning 650MB can take up to 10mins @ 16x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom