DScaler problem - no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_B

Baseband Member
I have problem with my TV card (hauppauge wintv go2 pal). With it came program for watching TV (wintv 2000) which doesn't have enough features. I found DScaler which is great for watching, but I have one problem – I can't get sound.
There is also a strange effect happening. If I start wintv 2000 before Dscaler works fine, but if I start Dsaler first and then win2000, win2000 doesn't have neither sound nor picture. If I want to have picture and sound back on tv2000 I have to reboot XP. Is it possible that these two programs are killing each other ? And if they are what can I do ? If I uninstall drivers for tuner and it's components (which came with TV card) will Dscaler be able to recognize TV card ?

Can somebody help me ?

if your running xp, right click My Computer, click Manage, and go to event viewer to see if there are any conflicts relating to those programs

I had a simullar issue where my sound would cut out after a given time. I found out that Norton AV was causing this and killed the ccApp.exe, CCevtMgr.exe and ccSetMgr.exe. After that it was fine but norton was disabled till I rebooted the next time.

I checked Event Viewer and he didn't notice anything.

How can I shut down these 3 programs - it's saying access denied......?

There is one more problem, TV card can't detect tuner(I had to identify it manualy), but I haven't found the place where I can set audio decoder. I discovered that he doesn't see him.

Can this helpÂ…Â….maybeÂ…????

Press ctrl-alt-del, then task manager. Processes tab and end 'ccApp.exe, CCevtMgr.exe and ccSetMgr.exe'. Does it work fine in wintv2000? Whats the brand of TV tuner card? leadtech?

Yes that is the main problem. Wintv2000(until I start DScaler) works fine, but I want to replace it with DScaler because he has more options, picture is better and with DScaler I have 2 additional programs which I can't find with wintv2000.
All in all DScaler is better program.

Like I said Task Manager doesn't allow ending those processes (after shuting down auto protection from Norton 2005)Â…Â…..

This is how my TV card describes itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom