Doom 3 Spits in My Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think youve probly hit the nail on the head there, downclock your ram and try it

Like i said, I unclocked everything for stability.

I'll check voltage... it should not be high.

I have a 500 WAT power supply... that should run everything fine, shouldn't it?

And the reinstall failled... I'll theck the above just in case though.

Any more help will be appreciated.

Is it a 500watt power supply from a trusted company?

If it is not from a trusted company, their wont give out that much power really.

Maybepower supply is it... still dosn't work.

Can it be anything else other than power? AGP RAM space has been taken down to 32 MB (Lowest it will go), and all newest drivers are in. I want to do all software problems before I rush in and buy a new power supply.

I have a 500 WAT power supply... that should run everything fine, shouldn't it?
Check your +12v Rail. Whats it rated for on the PSU? Also Run prime95 and see if that rail in particular or any of the rails drop dangerously low. This would be indicative of a bunk PSU

Okay, but first I have a question.

I have a 512 MB stick of RAM, but Windows XP is using well over 200 of it, not leaving enough for Doom 3 to meat its minimum requirements. Could this be the problem? If so, can I play Doom 3 in safe mode? There, I have enough free ram to play it. All I need is to find out how to load the CD driver and Video card driver and onboard sound driver.

If this COULD be a solution, than please show me a link to an explaination fo how to play games in safe mode.

And I'll check out that program you suggested.

If so, can I play Doom 3 in safe mode?
No, safe mode disables video drivers ;)

Even with windows using that RAM, it shouldn't cause it to fail, it'd just be sluggish, try turning your aperture down to 64mb.

BTW: Prime95 puts your CPU at full load which makes it draw off that rail. So you need to run "stress test" in prime95 and choose the "Large in place FFTs" option, then using a program like motherboard monitor 5, see if any of the voltages take a sudden plunge.

Aperture is down to 32, wont go any further down.

I have a broadway case (I know, ugh) and a very bad power supply (I think). http://www.bccpc.com/712-new.htm ... Please don't mock me. I regret the decision already.

I will get a power supply soon... however, I need to pay off some debt and fix my computers cooling issues first. Thats why I'm trying to find a software error, if possible.

The power supply is Okia (Ugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom