Overclocking Utilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
I have an Nforce4 board and an amd 64 3000+
wondering what some good utilities are for overclocking and stuff. I already got everest which seems to display a lot of info.
I also have a64 tweaker and CPU-Z
any other nifty programs out there that are good?

:rolleyes: :angry:

If your trying to overclock your CPU then the bios is what I do. I don't like going with programs. Just do your research and ask questions before you do. You don't want to mess up your stuff.

PS an nvidia chip set will not overclock very well.

I'd have to agree with Nubius. Why won't an NVIDIA chipset oc well??? Mine does quite respectably i would say and the MSI Neo2 playinum was a Nforce3 Ultra chipset and that was the beat OCer of that gen as far as i know??

I have done lots of research on this one. It will overclock, but not as well as other chip sets will.

The only other competitor chipset for AMD is Via, and that chipset absolutely sucks. If you are referring to intel chipsets, it's a given you'll get more clock speed out of the Intel, but you'd have to OC like 800MHz-1GHz on an Intel which would be like 400MHz-600MHz on an AMD.

I'm running 236MHz 1:1 ratio 472FSB on a socket A system...nforce2 chipset...you can get 250+ if you have 2x256 but I have a 1gb kit.

I don't know what kind of research you mean, but saying 'an nforce chipset wont OC as well as other chipsets' without pointing out exactly what chipsets you're referring to is pretty vague and for the most part not true

I don't know how to change the RAM frequency. I know the layout of my ASUS board and this gigabyte one is totally different. But it is Award so I guess it is somewhat standard. I looked in the manual but it only tells you how to change it in windows using the easytune utility.
I am on the latest BIOS by the way.
I hit ctrl F1 and that opened up an area where I could change some things about the ram but it only seems to allow me to change the voltage and like 8 latency settings.
:(

:beard:

Sorry if I didn't make this clear enough, but when I mean overclocking I mean not changing anything but the FSB speed.

You can overclock just fine, but reducing the mutipliers of the FSB and on AMD CPU mutipliers. Sorry to imply that you could overclock period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom