64 bit technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably on low band...

I have the BETA for Windows x64, I tried it out on a computer I built a while ago just for fun, it was all right, didn't notice much difference between it and 32 bit XP, but then again I was only using 32 bit applications so that was probably why.

when you raid 2 hds in raid0 does it only show up as 1 hd? if so can i partition the split up hds so my os will be split into 2 pieces? i want to have fast load times for my os but i want to be able to reformat the hds without loosing the os
RAID 0 uses two hard drives and formats them so they appear as one. You can still easily partition any RAID however.

Say you have two 36GB Raptor drives, which will give you about 70GB of space. You partition it into C and D drives, making C 20GB and D 50GB. Each Raptor drive will account for half the space of each partition. Therefore you can format one partition without losing the data on the other.

since 64 bit windows is just a beta, is it unstable or unsecure? lol i know windows is both, but would the beta be more so? and if you get the beta, will you still be able to update it after the beta ends?

The beta runs fine. It is basically exactly the same as windows xp professional except it's 64 bit. And charles windows does not provide a 64 bit driver for wireless linksys pci card at this time (to my knowledge).
Poison it sounds like you only want one partition. The one partition will encorporate both of your drives with the OS and anything else you put on there, that is what RAId 0 does, it splits the data to increase speed.

Sorry wasnt sure if they did or not, I just know most my hardware had simple drivers on xp, Anyways there is a big differnce between x64 and the normal XP pro, we just cant use them differnces yet, i think it can support like 16TB of virtual memory and so on. Oh and i would download it at a friends house, but none have a cd burner, and the ones with a burner dont have DSL or better, and im dial up to.

lol thats what i do whenever i want to download a movie or something.. i ask my friend if he wants to do nethin n hes like come up here, and movie time... XD

ya, like what was said in other posts, its nothing special if you don't have programs to run 64bit on.

I heard overall system performance is up 1-5% running even mostly 32 bit programs. The article I read said that the 64 bit os doesn't slow down 32 bit programs but may actually give them a small performance boost. I would get the 64 bit OS if you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom