Official new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just going to stop posting in this thread, and yes i know i have a lot of post for only being here for a month, but you gotta remember i spend like 6 hours in these forums each day, part morning rest in the afternoon.

ok back on subject. what is the advantage of the venice core? does it run cooler? i have NEVER heard of that until an hour after i ordered my newcastle core(go figure)

how many degrees cooler are we talking?

temps dont really matter to me unless there above 60 c. a cpus life expectancy is 10 years, and im sure that in ten years youll be able to get a cpu that 5x times better than the one you have now for like 100 bucks. bottom line is ill never keep a cpu for 10 years

never heard of longhorn either.... hmmm ill have to google it hold on

What is Windows "Longhorn"?

Microsoft is currently building the next version of Windows, code-named "Longhorn." "Longhorn" is being designed to provide the foundation for a new industry wave of innovation—ultimately enabling businesses to use technology more effectively, with far fewer barriers, while enabling customers to better realize the full benefits of technology.

"Longhorn" will provide advancements in the following key areas:
•

A strong focus on the fundamentals of the operating system, including advancements in reliability, performance, deployment, and ease of use.
•

Major improvements to help PC users to work smarter and provide exciting new experiences for home users.
•

The next-generation developer platform to make it easier for developers to create breakthrough applications.

We're listening closely to our customers and, whether you're using a PC at work, at home, or are a member of the Windows developer community, "Longhorn" promises to deliver unparalleled innovations—truly bringing the world of Windows users into the digital decade.

Microsoft Announces 2006 Target Date for Broad Availability of "Longhorn"
See the latest news about Windows "Longhorn."

charles how does your ram work. can you dual channel memory at different speeds? or is it not dual channel?

PoisonPorkchop said:
never heard of longhorn either.... hmmm ill have to google it hold on

What is Windows "Longhorn"?

Microsoft is currently building the next version of Windows, code-named "Longhorn." "Longhorn" is being designed to provide the foundation for a new industry wave of innovation—ultimately enabling businesses to use technology more effectively, with far fewer barriers, while enabling customers to better realize the full benefits of technology.

"Longhorn" will provide advancements in the following key areas:
•

A strong focus on the fundamentals of the operating system, including advancements in reliability, performance, deployment, and ease of use.
•

Major improvements to help PC users to work smarter and provide exciting new experiences for home users.
•

The next-generation developer platform to make it easier for developers to create breakthrough applications.

We're listening closely to our customers and, whether you're using a PC at work, at home, or are a member of the Windows developer community, "Longhorn" promises to deliver unparalleled innovations—truly bringing the world of Windows users into the digital decade.

Microsoft Announces 2006 Target Date for Broad Availability of "Longhorn"
See the latest news about Windows "Longhorn."

charles how does your ram work. can you dual channel memory at different speeds? or is it not dual channel?

you forgot to include that longhorn is going to be 64-bit and have a 3D interface! meaning that windows is going to be in 3d! imagine angling windows so that you can still read them, but also make room for others. MaximumPC had an awsome article on it. it really is going to be an amazing OS. hell for your hardware though.

its gonna be hard for MY hardware to handle? i think not! my argument was not with charles_scott in particular and the argument was dropped.

switch fx will you be able to do that? it sounds cool but it will be hard for people to learn the controls for that with all the advanced-user oriented features. my parents asked me where the start button was so......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom