CPU temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats generally the average temperature to look for? My motherboard is 40 degrees C and my CPU is 61 degrees C.

Whoa! Calm down! lol

ok that pc wizard is the best. but i guess my mobo really doesnt have a sensor for temp bc i dont get a temp reading but i do get cpu and fsb. ok my cpu says 1993.53 mhz and my fsb says 99.68 mhz. is that good?

What is your CPU? I mean, is it an amd athlon 2800+ or something?

Does CPU-Z display the temp? I have it downloaded, but I don't believe it does.
CPU-Z basically shows the stats of your cpu, and pc wizard shows stats on pretty much your whole sys, and it displays the cpu temp.

I really hope im fine. 71 sounds way too much. The temp wouldnt raise tham much from 37 to 71 just loading WinXP, could it?

Ok, you said you have a 3200? Wow, 71 isn't "restarting" temps, but that is high! My P4 2.8GHz reaches a max of 53 C. What hsf are you using? Stock, or did you purchase a separate one?

All CPU's are different, so giving an average is difficult, but for some scale, here goes:

Newer CPU's and mobo's have an auto-shutdown feature at somewhere around 80 C, because any hotter and permanent CPU damage can be done. The new AMD 64 Winchesters run very cool. Right now I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ that runs idle at around 40 C and load at around 45 C. 61 C is getting pretty high, and I would look for a way to cool that down somehow probably.

rcsavageboy, being a dell, I bet you won't be able to put your FSB any higher...tough luck.

how would i go about trying? or do i have to but that new mobo first?

also is there a way we can all talk in a chat room. this is annoying.

First you need to see what the FSB is of your CPU. Intel CPU's typically have 400 FSB, 533 FSB, or 800 FSB. If yours is a max of 400, which I'm guessing it is, then you can't go higher without overclocking.

Regulus said:

Ok, you said you have a 3200? Wow, 71 isn't "restarting" temps, but that is high! My P4 2.8GHz reaches a max of 53 C. What hsf are you using? Stock, or did you purchase a separate one?

I used some other programs and I have concluded that some programs confuse the temp sensors. My CPU temp is between 25 and 38 and my PSU temp is 71. Is that normal enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom