Second Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
I need instructions on how 2 install a second hard drive, its confusing the hell out of me, I had it last year but i removed it and now I forget..... Pictures would be great....help me please
Thanks

you set the second harddrive to slave or cable select, then go into the bios and type in the necassery information, or you can go on the internet and go to the harddrive manufactor website and download the installion program for it.

You're going to have to format the second if it is a raw drive. After you install xp on one drive, on the second, in windows, right click on 'My Computer' and click Manage. Click on Computer Management, double click Storage, and then Disk Management. It will then show you the drives it locates. You can even make partitions here. See if that helps.

You don't neccesarely need to enter the BIOS. I would just hook it up to one of your IDE cables and make sure one of the devices on that cable is set to master, and one of them is a slave (or set both to cable-select) using the little jumpers on the back of your drive. It should give instructions on the disk label on how to set the jumpers. Boot your computer and see if it showing in "My Computer".

If not, go to start>run and type "diskmgmt.msc" and post a screenshot.

There's only 1 thing you might have to do in your BIOS, the used IDE channel should be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom